Tom and Isabelle enjoy ballroom dancing and also teach ballroom dancing in Crysler Ontario. The lessons for the fall of 2018 started on Monday September 24th for 10 weeks. Please Contact us to join the club and inquire about the calendar of lessons.
It is the season... to get ready for the marriage next spring. Are you tired of seeing the usual marriage dance - wobbling back and forth like in high school? Let's do something different; let's impress the crowd.I offer private and group ballroom dance lessons to prepare your wedding dance for the married couple, the father-daughter dance, the mother-son dance, or all together. We can even handle the whole wedding party on a group dance.
Pick your favourite song; I will help you pick a dance style and get you ready for your big dance. We can teach Waltz, Foxtrot, Triple Swing, Bachata, Samba, Rumba, Mambo, Cha Cha, Tango.
I will travel to your home between Ottawa and Cornwall and the surrounding areas for lessons, daytime, evening, or weekends. Or ask for lessons for any other occasion of just person interest. Ballroom dancing is versatile and fun. Ask for more information.
Here are complete definitions, history, and descriptions of ballroom dancing on Wikipedia.
Here are complete resources for International Standard and American Standard ballroom styles.
James Joseph published Every Man's Survival Guide to Ballroom Dancing, a great book and website that introduces the basics, counting music, and various figures.
To help dancers practice at home, here is a selection of music to practice each dance style:
- Yvonne - Chaka Chaka.
- Boney M - The Rivers of Babylon.
- Abba - Take a Chance on Me.
- Daniela Romo - Todo Todo.
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl.
- Buddy Holly - That'll Be the Day.
- Abba - Dancing Queen.
- Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel.
- Anne Murray - The Tennessee Waltz.
- Anne Murray - Could I have This Dance.
- Dana Glover - It Is You I Have Loved.
- Andy Williams - Wonderful World of the Young.
- Henri Mancini - The Pink Panther Theme Song.
- Fred Ebb - New York New York.
- Crystal Gayle - Don't it Make my Brown Eyes Blue.
- Doris Day - Fly me to the Moon.
- Céline Dion - I'm Alive.
- Ne-Yo - So Sick.
- Gloria Estafan - You'll be Mine (Party Time)
- Jennifer Lopez - Ain't it Funny!